2 lb over ripe strawberries
1 tablespoon water
Sugar to taste
- Cut the tops of of the strawberries. Rinse.
- In a medium pot add the water.
- Cut the rinsed strawberries into quarters and ad to the pot. Once all strawberries are in the pot turn on the stove to low heat.
- Simmer over the heat until the strawberries are pale and soft. About twenty minutes.
- With a spoon or fork mash the strawberries.
- Turn the heat on high for fifteen minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another twenty. Let sit on stove. If still too watery for your taste let simmer longer.
- Once cooler place in a container. Put in refrigerator. Add sugar to taste once cold.